Tank top plate system
Approximately one out of every sixth beer produced worldwide has been processed in a tank equipped with one of Alfa Laval’s specially designed top plate assemblies. A top plate assembly is a machined solid-stainless-steel plate outfitted with practically all the necessary tank safety equipment for mounting on the top of a pressurised beer tank.
The equipment on the top plate assembly provides the following functions:
- Compensation with gas for the change in liquid volume during filling and emptying (allowing the change in liquid volume by gas filling or escape)
- Control of the tank top pressure
- Protection against uncontrolled overpressure or vacuum
- Cleaning of the tank and associated equipment
Centralised placing of the tank top plate assembly secures:
- Better tank insulation at lower costs
- Easy installation at low costs
- Easy access and low maintenance cost
- All parts are cleaned during CIP
The compact top plate design and the use of dead weight valves secure operational reliability at a competitive price.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Join our dedicated LinkedIn community for brewers to stay up to date with the latest industry trends in beer production and learn from your peers!