Based on the market-leading Alfa Laval LKH pump range, Alfa Laval LKH Prime is an efficient, versatile and hygienic self-priming pump that uses a combination of air-screw technology and advanced design to meet the most stringent requirements in a range of hygienic industries including food, dairy, beverage, home and personal care. Primarily used for Cleaning-in-Place duties containing entrained air, it can also pump product, reducing capital investment.
Alfa Laval LKH Prime sets a new standard in self-priming pump technology.
Using the combination of advanced air-screw technology, optimized impeller and casing geometry, Alfa Laval LKH Prime exceeds industry expectations for quiet, efficient operation, reduced energy consumption and CO2 footprint. Alfa Laval LKH Prime is engineered to meet the most stringent standards and hygienic requirements.
Premium pump platform
A further addition to the market leading Alfa Laval LKH pump platform, Alfa Laval LKH Prime is characterized by superior performance, high quality and reliability for improved operational productivity.
Designed primarily for Cleaning-in-Place duties containing entrained air, Alfa Laval LKH Prime can also pump product, potentially reducing capital investment when designing process systems – whatever the industry.
Meets global standards
Quiet in operation, Alfa Laval LKH Prime is engineered to meet the most stringent standards and hygienic requirements.
Easy to maintain
The pump is easy and cost effective to service and maintain. By sharing common parts with other Alfa Laval LKH range pumps, Alfa Laval LKH Prime offers low cost of ownership and increased uptime, backed up by the security that comes from Alfa Laval’s global service network.
A trusted supplier
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of equipment with a history of excellence dating back to 1883, and one of the world's largest hygienic pump suppliers. The Alfa Laval LKH Prime adds to a long list of high performance equipment that minimizes energy consumption.
- Energy efficient: Superior efficiency resulting in reduced energy consumption and CO2 footprint.
- Versatile: Designed for Cleaning-in-Place duties containing entrained air, it can also pump product, reducing the need for an additional pump, lowering capital investment.
- Quality, reliability: Alfa Laval LKH Prime is based on the trusted design of the LKH pump family that’s renowned for quality and reliability.
- Quiet, hygienic: The pump operates very quietly and is certified according to the most stringent hygienic design standards.
- Easy to service: Sharing many common components with the Alfa Laval LKH pump range, it is easy to service and maintain.
Alfa Laval LKH Prime UltraPure
Premium goes Prime - Setting a new standard in self-priming pump technology.
Alfa Laval LKH Prime UltraPure
Latest 'Close at hand' online version
How it works
Alfa Laval LKH Prime is a self-priming pump based on air-screw technology. It offers excellent operational efficiency, reducing energy consumption. The pump achieves capacities of up to 70 m3/hr and pressures of up to 40 m head.
The pump shares many common components with the Alfa Laval LKH pump range including the impeller, which can be trimmed to optimize pump performance according to its application. Dedicated components include the airscrew, casing, re-circulation pipe and cover.
On applications where the pumped media contains a mixture of air and liquid in the suction line, air-screw rotation causes the formation of a continuous liquid ring within the canister.
Due to the eccentric position of the canister relative to the air-screw, an air chamber forms between the liquid ring and the air-screw, as shown, which separates into air pockets between the air-screw vanes.
The continuous rotation of the air-screw forces air pockets through the canister into the suction stage of the impeller which are then pumped out via the discharge.
Liquid is returned from the discharge via the re-circulation pipe into the canister to ensure the liquid ring is maintained at all times.
When there is no air present, the canister and recirculation loop have no function and are fully filled with liquid. The liquid passes through the canister into the suction stage of the impeller, allowing the pump to act as a traditional centrifugal pump.
Pump configuration options
- Impeller with reduced diameter
- Motor with increased safety/flame proof motor
- Double mechanical shaft seal
- Product wetted surface finish Ra ≤ 0.8 µm
- Product wetted elastomers in EPDM, nitrile (NBR) or fluorinated rubber (FPM)
- Silicon Carbide rotating seal ring
- ½” tri-clamp drain connections (two connections)